Wednesday, July 6, 2011

July 6, 2011 Day 42

I had my surgery six weeks ago today.    For some reason, I thought that on this day my foot would magically feel so much better and I'd be stronger.   Well, my foot does feel a bit better but the bottom half of my foot is still completely numb, and the side of my foot still burns.    My mom dropped me off at the mall today so I could go roller walking.   I made it nearly two hours.  Ya hoo.  Of course, that was roll walk for 15 minutes sit and people watch 15 minutes.   I still sweat like a pig when I move but since my cast comes off in 5 more days, yes I said 5 more days, I'm not as concerned with it getting sweaty and smelling.   This cast is on its home stretch!!    Then my sis in law picked me up and we came back to my mom's for lunch.   Geez am I tired.   Change of scenery is good and helps tire me out.   I'm hoping to sleep better tonight.   I didn't have any of those miserable shooting pains yesterday and so far today, none.   Oh, how I hope I am done with those.    Haven't had a pain pill in, 3 days I think, maybe 4 now.     This pain is tolerable and when I think back, the pain was tolerable, but the endless hours of immobility weren't.   Not moving, not seeing the outdoors has been very difficult.   I still can't climb steps without a railing.   I know, I know, that is just weak!!
If you are having or had this surgery, try to get out and see something new today.   Remember, it's not about what you can't do or see today, but what you can do and see.

God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment