Saturday, July 2, 2011

July 2, 2011 Day 38

I had calcaneal osteotomy surgery on May 25th, 2011.   I had problems with my right ankle two years ago and needed to have my tendons repaired.    Because of my work, I put the surgery off.   I lost my job at the end of April and immediately went to the surgeon and scheduled the surgery. I do not recommend that anyone who has been told they should consider this surgery delay it.   I did and because of the way I walked for the two years, I am now having problems with my knee. My right leg is crooked (almost like knock knee).   


The surgeon said that both tendons that wrap under the ankle were "shattered" and he "tied" them together.    


I am still taking on average 1 5mm Norco per day.   I am still laying around and elevating my leg most of the day.   When I drop my leg for an hour at a time, it will throb.   I also have lingering numbness in foot (bottom of my foot and big toe). 


I am in a cast and the back of my heel and outside of my foot where the incisions are feel somewhat raw.  


I'm hoping each day will improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment