Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 26, 2011 Day 62

Yesterday was a big day for me.   I had my doctor's appointment, another XRAY, and received good news that my bone had "filled" in.   Now I am able to start bearing weight.   The incision had scabbed over (even though I don't see a scab and it still burns).     I did alot of walking yesterday with my crutches.   I am way overweight so I only put about 75% of my weight on the foot.   This morning, it is a little sore.   When I step down, it feels like I am walking on bars or a very sharp, uneven surface.   I called the doctor's office and was told this is because I haven't been walking.    They also gave me the okay to start using my stationary bike.   I can already see the muscle in my lower leg start to develop.   I had nothing but flab there two weeks ago.   This is going to be a long recovery but I am at least starting a new phase and am encouraged about that.

Have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment