Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July 12, 2011 Day 48

Day 48, it has been a couple of days since I posted.    I survived a 9 hour drive with only one stop.   I paid for it a bit the next day in that my foot was sore and I was exhausted.     I don't know why I am exhausted when all I do is sit and do nothing.   I had my doctors appointment yesterday and had the cast removed at day 47.    I had an XRAY done and the doc said the bone hadn't healed so I am in a boot, not bearing any weight.   I go back in two weeks.  (day 61!! almost 8 weeks).   My incision on the outside of my foot had opened up so I have to do a daily cleaning and am on an antibiotic.   I do get to take a shower!!  I bought a shower chair that is wonderful.   It is a transfer chair so no fear of climbing in and out of the tub.  My first shower was today.   First shower in 7 weeks.   (no more bending over the sink)   My mom has to help be clean my incision.    I can't bend over that well without twisting my ankle (I am overweight).   We have to "pack" the incision with some bandage that has silver particles in it.   I am told that speeds up the healing.   Interesting.    Well enough for today.   The antibiotic makes me a bit woozy and very, very tired.  
Have a great day and God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment