Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Feb 21, 2012 - 9 months post surgery

I haven't updated in a long time.   I have read another's blog that had this surgery, but I think a more severe surgery than I did and he is still having some issues also.   The issues I am dealing with this far out are:
I still am completely numb from about my ankle to the back half of my foot.   The tendon area is still "weird" feeling.   This is hard to explain, but when I massage the tendon it tingles up and down my entire foot.   I also have a lot of heel pain if I try to make a day of walking or an hours worth of eliptical training.     The heel pad just hasn't heeled yet.   My foot looks deformed.   The back of my heel is VERY tender where that screw is,   Yikes does that smart when I try to put on a  shoe or even try to rest the back of my foot against something.   Just can't do it.   I am not discouraged yet because the surgeon said it would  take a long time to heal.   I highly recommend to anyone healing from this that as soon as you are cleared to do this, start exercising your foot.    The exercising is the only way I can get my foot to stop swelling.  The best exercise for me has been simply to stand on one foot.   The wiggling around trying to stay balanced builds the foot and ankle muscles.   I still twist my ankle easily which totally chaps me since this surgery was suppose to fix that!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment